About Me

My photo
South Africa
Here you find personal poetry and stories, so share with me your comments or suggestions*

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Angela

What is it about my mother?
It's the heaven in her hello
The way nature compliments her.

I wish I could keep my mothers voice in a jar
And let it out
Whenever I forget what God sounds like.

The sunlight bounces off of her skin
And the moon gets jealous,
Because of the way her heart works

Your glow compliments the day
And you mouth,
Man your mouth makes the cloud insecure

Who else can change a leopards spot?
Who else can turn a devil into an angel?
Who else can make a king out of bastards?
Who else can make a kitchen smell like the Lord is coming for dinner?

Your presence reminds me of all things beautiful
Expensive art in galleries,
Colour of nature,
My Lord and saviour

I have seen you crucified by men's eyes,
But you will still be the sunrise of a nation at war,
You remind me that there are many things to live for
I need you more now than ever, MOM

Zamoe*


5 comments:

  1. "It's the heaven in her hello..."

    Poetry at its best. Wish I could have written such beautiful words :-)

    P.S. My mom passed away when I was 25. I miss and appreciate her more with each passing day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that, I bet I was such a privilege* she's with the angels now, rest her soul*

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heaven in her hello, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, how come my totally talented poet-friend is not posting any new poems? The world needs good poets :-)

    P.S. Maybe a short story, if you're no longer in a poet-mood - or a really cool movie review would be awesome? :-)

    ReplyDelete