About Me

My photo
South Africa
Here you find personal poetry and stories, so share with me your comments or suggestions*

Saturday 31 October 2015

Love Triangle

I testify to your justification,
I understand.
I placed mysself in your shoes

I turned the table
Now my fork is on the right
And my kknife is on the left

My liquid courage on your opposite
We were opposites attracted.
Our lives were complicated
But we cohabited in the same complication

I thought I had you,
Your mind, your heart, your love
But I was too comfortable in my seat,
That I didn't realize I had sunk in

You had me, cuffed
She had the keys,
And you were head of security
And I was friends with the jury

Still the bars were weak
But you made me want to stay in deep.
You played the judge perfectly
And I the hammer handled well.

How did you do it?
How did you manage,
To move the end to the beginning?

We were more alike,
You and I 
The same people
One person

Which answers my question,
And that's why eachother 
Is what we could never over come

Zamo*

2 comments:

  1. These two stanzas are quite good:

    I turned the table
    Now my fork is on the right
    And my knife is on the left

    How did you do it?
    How did you manage,
    To move the end to the beginning?

    Powerful words. Plus the honesty of the poem is rare when so much current poetry is way too fake and academic for comfort :-)

    P.S. You never answered the question I left for you on my post about Sylvia Likens?



    ReplyDelete