About Me

My photo
South Africa
Here you find personal poetry and stories, so share with me your comments or suggestions*

Monday 26 October 2015

Pretense (poem)

The pain you brought to me,
Was beyond pain

How could you,
Give me the two red horns
And the burning fork
And toss me in the fire?

While you wear white feathers,
A golden crown
And sit in the clouds

How could you,
Play the slave,
The victim,
The oppressed?

When your the owner,
I, the victim
And you know not the meaning of depressed

Why act so pure when your so evil?

I thought you were a good person
Pretending to be bad,
But, your a just a bad person
Pretending to be good

But I still pray for you my friend 

Zamoe*

2 comments:

  1. Powerful emotions expressed very well. I especially like the final stanza:

    I thought you were a good person
    Pretending to be bad,
    But, your a just a bad person
    Pretending to be good

    This is a true poetic moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, your too awesome

    ReplyDelete